Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Pregnant Lady Olympics

Last night, while watching the Olympic women's gymnastics coverage for the millionth time, Harry said "you know, there should be an Olympics for pregnant women." And I agree! We can compete in areas like:

- Picking something up off the floor
- Standing
- Eating a burrito with no heartburn medication

Of course, I take my hat off to the actual pregnant ladies who have competed in the Olympics, including this totally badass shooter who is currently 8 months along and still made the trip to London. I bet she'll have an amazing scrapbook for her daughter to read one day!

6 comments:

  1. I think the picking things up off the floor should involve style points for artistic use of feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just bought a grabber to help me pick things up off the floor. Would I have to compete in the Pregnant Paralympics?

    Other suggested areas:
    - Rolling over in bed!
    - Putting on socks/shoes!
    - Obstacle course involving narrow passageways and lots of things to bump into!
    - Dodging pesky co-worker/neighbor questions that are WAY too personal for comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to compete in the "Shaving of the Legs after 35wks" competition one day... I feel like I could be good at that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That would be an entertaining show. I'm pretty sure I would not medal in 'walking to your handicapped parking space' since I fell on my face on dry pavement...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! I am in love with this idea. Putting on socks is so difficult for me, I actually threw my arms up the other day after getting them on in the gymnastics stuck landing style. The husband was impressed. I'm prepping for the gold!!

    ReplyDelete