Monday, February 6, 2012

How to Get Yourself a Beta HCG Test at 7dp5dt

It's easy! All you need to do is develop a blood clot in your calf that makes everybody freak out. I am leaving work soon for an afternoon of medical fun that includes a repeat ultrasound of my leg, bloodwork, and maybe - if I'm lucky - a phone or in-person meeting with a doctor who specializes in these clots. Thank goodness I brought a good book with me today, everyone is "squeezing me in" which is code for "I hope you like this copy of Better Homes and Gardens because we're going to give you a full hour to read it in our waiting room."

The catch is that my beta results won't be back until tomorrow. C'est la vie. I'm surprisingly unconcerned about it because there's so much other craziness going on. I'm going to send good vibes out into the universe and hope that they come back to me - it would be a nice change for something to go right for once!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So scary! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for a BFP and that the clot has not moved to the place it is not suppose to be. Sending a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it ends up being nothing major and you get good news early! I'd like to get my beta done early, too, but I'm not sure how I can conjure that one up!

    Joey
    http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete