Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!

This is my favorite Hanukkah song:















I will admit, I always envisioned playing this in the car while I was driving around with my children - it's such a catchy tune and a great way to memorize the blessing for Hanukkah candles. I also like the part about how "with the jingle bells and the toys, and the TV shows and the noise, it's easy to forget - at the end of the day, our whole family will say these words for Hanukkah." I really want to participate in my children's Jewish childhoods and build a Jewish household for them, so this year's celebration will be a little bittersweet. And yes, it has me thinking more about actually having a baby as, you know, a positive development. Really, a baby? A baby. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment