Thursday, November 22, 2012

Well, I Didn't See That Coming

I broke my foot!


Argh. I am such an idiot. I have no good story, I just slipped on some leaves and rolled my ankle. Now my metatarsal has a small fracture, I'm theoretically supposed to be using crutches to get around, and I'm sure that internally little O is shaking his little baby head in embarrassment at his incredibly klutzy mother. Slow clap, Charlotte. At least I don't have a cast!

Anyway, since this is Thanksgiving, I will also share that O has a new holiday themed bib that says "Everyone is thankful for me!" and I burst into tears the first time I saw it because it's so true. I am thankful beyond words to have him in our lives. Seriously, I wake up every morning (after a whole four hours of sleep or whatever) and think to myself, hooray, I get to spend another day with my baby! And now, with this broken foot, I'll have even more hours on the couch to stare at him and tell him how precious he is and how much I love him. Happy Thanksgiving, little man.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Foot injuries take forever to heal! (I hurt my foot last year just from walking around NYC in old sneakers) I'm so sorry! I hope O is extra sweet for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks about your broken foot...good luck with the recovery but enjoy the extra time on the couch with O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! That's horrible:( I hope you are managing well with the broken foot. Hopefully your house doesn't have a lot of stairs! I hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete